One is for the meat-eaters, one is for the vegans. Both are GLUTEN FREE and just in time for your Thanksgiving Feast.
Meat lovers GLUTEN-FREE HOLIDAY STUFFING. - One of my all-time faves
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 1 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped (Crunchy pears are nice as well)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (Homemade bone broth of course)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Preheat oven 350F
- Brown sausage in a skillet, with olive oil and garlic
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Sauté chopped celery and onion in 1-2 tbs of olive oil until tender
- Add parsley during the final minute of cooking
- Remove from heat
- Peel and chop apples into bite-sized pieces
- Toss apples, raisins, cranberries, sausage, onion, celery together
- Add Italian seasoning, then salt and pepper to taste
- Add the 1/4 cup of chicken broth and 1/4 cup of white wine
- Pour into 9" x 12" baking dish
- Bake covered 30-35 minutes, then uncovered the last 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, toss ingredients, and serve hot.
VEGAN HOLIDAY STUFFING
- 3/4 Cup pecans divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cups Celery, chopped
- 2 Cups Onion, diced
- 3 Cups Packed with apples OR pears, diced (about 4-5)
- 1/2 Cup Dried cranberries, diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley, minced + additional for garnish
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest, packed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Loaf Vegan and gluten-free bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/3-2/3Cup Vegetable broth
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown 10 minutes or so. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Heat the oil up in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add in the celery and onions and cook until the begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Add in the pear and cook until it JUST begins to soften about 2 minutes.
- Add the mixture into a LARGE bowl, along with all the remaining ingredients (only 1/2 cup of the pecans) up to the bread. Mix well.
- Add in the bread and very gently mix with your hands until well mixed and everything is evenly dispersed.
- Add in the vegetable broth and very gently mix until the bread has absorbed the moisture. Transfer to a large casserole dish, lightly packing the bread down. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and crisp and the bread is tender about 50-55 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley
NOTE: BOTH of these stuffings pair nicely with our GINGER & TURMERIC SAUERKRAUT